March 12, 2020
From: Bustang Management Team
RE: COVID-19 and Precautionary Measures
To Our Valued Passengers:
In the midst of the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), the Bustang Management team at CDOT and Ace Express Coaches would like you to know that your safety remains our highest priority. We are following the situation closely and adhering to guidance from Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Colorado Dept of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Federal Transit Authority (FTA) as recommendations develop or change.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking to help protect our passengers and the general public:
- We have increased our vehicle cleaning schedule from 5 days to 7 days per week.
- All high touch surfaces such as lavatories, tray tables, handrails and armrests are thoroughly wiped down with a high-grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaner.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be available in the on-board restrooms for passengers.
We take great pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers, personally and professionally. We want you to know that you can continue to rely on us. So, the next time we have the privilege of welcoming you onboard Bustang, our commitment to you remains as steadfast as ever. We will continue to monitor the situation and update you if there are any changes to our service.
Below, please find information and resource links provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
Colorado is starting to see cases of COVID-19. These are “presumptive positive” cases, but they are being treated as if they are confirmed. This will aid in a quick response, which is essential to limit and slow the spread of the virus. You can find the latest information on the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment website (https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus).
Right now, we advise Coloradans to stay informed and take simple preventive actions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children home if they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or use your inner elbow or sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay informed with reliable, up-to-date information. People who have general questions about coronavirus disease 2019 can call CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 for answers in English and Spanish (Español), Mandarin (普通话) and more, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English.
We appreciate the opportunity to continue to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Bustang Team